McCreery Turkington Stockman Ltd, trading as MTS Chartered Accountants Belfast, Holywood and Newtownards, (“MTS”) complies with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (the “GDPR”) and other applicable UK data protection legislation.
At MTS we take your privacy seriously and acknowledge our responsibilities. Please read this policy carefully to see how we will treat personal information that you provide to us either when using our Site or in other circumstances when we may collect data from you or you provide data to us.
We will take reasonable care to keep your information secure and to prevent any unauthorised access to or use of it and have measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
How MTS may collect your personal data.
We obtain personal data about you, for example, when:
- You engage us to provide our services and during the provision of those services;
- You contact us by email, telephone, post (for example when you have a query about our services);
- From third parties such as: Regulatory authorities, Local/central government, Associated business and professional advisors. Financial organisations, Credit reference and debt collection agencies, Social and welfare organisations, Current/past and prospective employers and service providers.
The kind of information we hold about you.
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- Your personal details (such as your name and address);
- Details of contact we have had with you in relation to the provision, or the proposed provision, of our services;
- Details of any services you have received from us;
- Our correspondence and communications with you;
- Information about any enquiries you make with us;
- Financial details;
- Education details; and
- Physical or mental health details.
How MTS uses personal information
We will use your personal information, including contact details and other information required for the following purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us (which will most usually be for the provision of services);
- Provide you with information related to our services or activities that you have requested from us or that we feel may be of interest to you, provided you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- Seek your thoughts and opinions on services we provide;
- Notify you about any changes to our services.
- To fulfil our contractual obligations to our clients
- To fulfil our statutory and legal obligations
- To respond to an enquiry
- To send out requested information
- To send technical, topical, reference or marketing material to you or to invite you to events, courses or conferences.
We will not send unsolicited material to you or invite you to events unless you have given us your consent to do so. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting: –
The Privacy Officer, McCreery Turkington Stockman Limited, 1 Lanyon Quay, Belfast, BT1 3LG or email email@example.com
We may share your personal information with trusted third-party service providers, as Data Processors, if this is necessary to fulfil the purposes set out above. We will only share your information with third parties who have confirmed their compliance with the GDPR. We do not share any personal data with third parties outside the EEA.
Your rights under the GDPR
The GDPR establishes certain key rights for individuals in relation to their personal data as follows: –
- Right to access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to data portability
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to object
- Right not to be subject to automated decision making, including profiling.
Your rights in relation to specific data held by us will depend on how we acquired the data and the basis on which we are processing it. Should you require any information or have any issues about your rights relating to data held by us, please contact the Privacy Officer, as detailed above.
Retention of personal data
How long we will retain your personal data will depend on the purpose for which we hold it. Unless we have a specific contractual, legal or statutory obligation to retain your personal data, we will only retain it for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it is held.
The MTS website, which we maintain, operates on the principles:
- When we need information that personally identifies you we will explicitly ask. For example, we will ask for your name and e-mail address etc, if you wish to submit a comment on our contact form.
- We will not ask for more information than we require and will only utilise your information for the purpose for which it is provided.
- We may ask you to consent to our contacting you for other purposes which we will specify.
- MTS’s website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Websites, however, we will not share any personal information with them, nor will they share any of your personal information with us.
This site has appropriate measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We use security procedures to ensure the integrity of our servers and prevent unauthorised access to our data.
Questions or Complaints